Travelers complete the "Customs Declaration Form" upon entering or leaving the country, in the event that they possess cash, precious jewelry or negotiable financial instruments for the bearer whose value is or exceeds fifty thousand Qatari riyals. The form is filled in at the customs declaration office at all air, sea or land travel outlets.
The implementation of this system comes in application of the provisions of the Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Law No. 20 of 2019 and Cabinet Resolution No. 41 of 2019 to issue its executive regulations.
- A declaration submitted by a natural or legal person who enters or leaves the state's territories and possesses negotiable currencies or financial instruments for the bearer, precious metals or precious stones equal to or more than (50,000) Qatari riyals or their equivalent in foreign currencies. He must fill in the Declaration Form, and any other additional information required by the customs officer must also be provided.
Items to be declared are: -
- Currency: Qatari currencies or other foreign currencies.
- Negotiable currencies or financial instruments for the bearer are the instruments in the form of a document for its bearer, such as traveler's checks and negotiable instruments including checks and promissory notes, orders for payment of all kinds, and incomplete instruments, including checks, promissory notes, and signed payment orders.
- Precious metals such as: - gold, silver, platinum ... and other precious metals.
- Precious stones like: - Diamonds, emeralds, rubies, sapphires, pearls ... and others
- Providing incorrect information about the value of the currency, the negotiable instruments for the bearer, or metals or gemstones that are being transported, or providing incorrect relevant information required in the declaration or by the customs authorities, and this includes failure to submit the declaration as required
- Refraining from submitting the declaration, providing false information, or refusing to provide additional information to the customs authorities with regards to the source of the currency, the negotiable financial instruments of the bearer, precious metals, or precious stones are subject to penalties that may reach imprisonment for a period not exceeding three years or fines not less than 100,000 one hundred thousand Qatari riyals and not more than 500,000 five hundred thousand Qatari riyals, or twice the value of the transferred funds, whichever is more, in addition to confiscating such funds.